The second chapter of this 2015 has just passed. As an effort to improve the quality of my life I made a resolution to start documenting what has gone right and what goes wrong every month, also how it could have been improved. There are several goals to be achieved at the end of the year and tracking their completion month by month is one effective way to fulfilled these goals.
– February 6th. Gone RIGHT: I took an oath as doctor on training after graduating pre-clinical phase of medical school. 121 out of 196 students pass all the exam and graduate on the first batch. Gone WRONG: I wish I studied better in pre-clinical phase so that my incompetence later doesn’t hurt my patients.
– February 9-12th. Gone RIGHT: I joined the trip. It was fun and monumental because it might be the last time all of us united together as a group of students. Now that we are on our own path, we hardly have a matching free time to meet. Gone WRONG: We are too hurried in the airport, one of my friend’s fibula and tibia fractured because of falling when we were in Bali.
– February 16th: Gone RIGHT: I did my first day in clinic smoothly, despite the exhaustive activities and waiting. Gone WRONG: I felt unproductive in waiting the senior doctor doing nothing significant.
– February 20th. Gone RIGHT: My first exam in clinic including physical and neurological examination, got 75 which is quite nice. Gone WRONG: I’m too exhausted worrying and can’t concentrate well on studying, perhaps I’m still adapting.
I read one non-fiction book about meditation this month, I think I need to take control of my life in the middle of busy schedule. Stock market gone very well reaching all time high, profit of 8.3% in 2 months. I assessed the market daily and follow the news. Blogging gone right as well, over 8 posts in this month alone with daily view of 40-50 on average. I hardly had any time to meditate, every time I tried to I fell asleep.
Here’s some improvement to do in March:
– Keep on blogging a least 2 posts a week
– Continue monitoring stock market movement and do some day-trading
– Read 1 non-fiction book
– Meditate for at least 2 hours in total
– Contribute on Getty Image at least 30 images